Wednesday 3 January 2007

Nothing to worry about



Having worked myself into a near state yesterday, worrying about how to wear my hair and what people would say; I decided to just let it hang and do it's own thing. My hair was well received and I got many great compliments.
Of course there were many, many questions and I had some interesting conversations. Thought I'd share these two with you...


Student: I like your hair miss
Me: Thank You
Student: Are they plaits miss?
Me: No
Student: Twists?
Me: No
Student: Are they dreadlocks miss? Are you a Rastafarian?
Me: :-)


Colleague: Hair looks good
Me: Thank You
Colleague: Locks?
Me: Yes
Colleague: I fall for women with locks, you'd better watch out
Me: !


(BrainTraining Age - 52! What! First day back at work obviously took it's toll!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brain Age- 28!!

Mel said...

That was just a glitch! I'm back on track...

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I'm glad your day turned out okay. It wasn't so bad afterall.

Goodnapps said...

Good to hear all went well.

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems your hair went over well, Mel! Good for you, anxiety over (ummm, right??) ;-)

Meanwhile, thank you for stopping by my blog and writing. No, I did not think you a rambler for I could read on and on about your experiences in the UK.

Is there a website that I could go to which would discuss, in-depth, what living in the UK is like for a person of color, particularly a Black person, even more succinct a Black woman would be great.

In addition to general personal interest my thesis will pertain to Black women and education, fyi.

Thanks Mel.

LL

Mel said...

Thanks for checking back - you were all right! Everything went well :-)