Friday 9 February 2007

Back in love with my hair, eyebrows sorted and my students can dance!

I made the most of my time at home yesterday by just relaxing, I ended the day by washing my hair. I really indulged myself in this particular session, sitting in the bath with a mirror in front of me so that I could pay attention to what I was doing. When my hair was clean, I undid each plait and separated and lengthened the locks before moving on to the next plait. This process took me about an hour and although my arms won't agree, it was worth it. It gave me the opportunity to check on all of my locks and make mental notes of any issues I need to bring to the attention of my hairdresser. I finished off by twisting my hair, by this point it was still slightly damp.


I took the twists out this morning and all was good.
I have realised that I love my hair the most when it looks full, with some sort of wave to it. The fullness also serves to distract my eyes away from the roots, which are not looking so neat at the moment!






This afternoon I went to get my eyebrows threaded; as you can see they really were in desperate need of doing. Threading always brings tears to my eyes, particularly the left side which is the thicker of the two. But I love the neat finish you get when it's complete. Before I discovered threading I would pluck my own eyebrows, but found I always struggled to get them to look the same. I had them waxed once and that was enough! So threading it is and I highly recommend it.

Later on I met up with Parks and we grabbed a bite to eat before heading to the Town Hall; some of our students were performing in a dance festival being held there. This festival saw performances by pupils from a mixture of Primary and Secondary schools in the borough. There was a fantastic mixture of dance from Contemporary to Bollywood and magnificent performances from children as young as six. But oh, our students, they were tremendous! We were very proud of them.
A great way to the end the day :-)

8 comments:

brunsli said...

I love threading -- unfortunately, it'll illegal in some US states.

Your 'brows look great!

Mel said...

Brunsli,

Illegal! Why?

and Thank You!

C & C said...

there is a girl at my school who does great thread work. i may have to try it, your eyebrows look awesome. peace

Brenda said...

Your's look nice! I really have to give it a try.

Me said...

Your eyebrows are great! I heard threading hurts, so I'm scared but I love the way it looks on other people.

Mel said...

Locizm - Do give it a go, you'll love it!

Brenda - Have you found somewhere that does it?

Sony - Thanks! It does hurt a little, but it's best to go regularly so there's not too much growth.

Abena Abena said...

A friend of mines told me about threading but I have a very low tolerance for pain but it looks nice on you.

Mel said...

Chosen Vessel, the pain is not too bad. If you have them done regularly it's probably no worse than using tweezers. Thank you for the compliment though :-)