Saturday 10 February 2007

I'm holding up!



My eldest son went away to Valencia today; he has gone over there to train with Valencia Football Club. He also went this time last year and I have to admit, that last time I did not cope very well with his departure. I didn't quite hold on to the back of the coach to prevent it leaving for the airport, but I was very upset. Now, I'm a year wiser and used to him travelling abroad without me; so this time I wasn't upset at all, was I...
I had a similar experience last June when my youngest son went away for a week; this was his first time away without us. He wasn't going abroad but that didn't matter; I took him to meet the coach and then made my way to work, I just about made it to our office before bursting into tears. My friend thought I'd had an accident and I'm not sure that she got it when I explained why I was upset (but she will soon ;-]).
I don't think it matters how old your children are, you will always worry about them, want the best for them and do all you can to keep them happy and safe.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I can imagine how you feel. I'm not at that point yet. Last year when my kids went to Chicago to visit my sister for spring break, I was so glad to have them away! And they sure weren't missing me!

Me said...

It's a blessing your son gets to travel abroad, many folks can't. Keep him in your prayers and he'll be alright!

Mel said...

Hey Brenda, I have those times too!

Sony - You are right, he is very fortunate.

He has called home a few times and all is well :-)