Sunday 6 May 2007

"Your hair is like a cushion, I could fall asleep on it"


No, this was not a chat up line; Parks said it the other day at work when she touched my hair. I took it as a compliment, but now I wonder if she was trying to say my hair needed retightening. This morning while I was preparing to wash my hair, my SO was asking if I was pleased with the decision I'd made to get Sisterlocks - to which I replied YES. As he played around with my hair he said "looks like it needs doing again". Later on at my Mum's, my sister walked into the room and immediately said "your hair needs to be done", my cousin who was also there informed her that I "only had it done a couple of weeks ago". And then they proceeded to debate my hair whilst I sat there, feeling both paranoid and shocked at how much attention everyone was paying to my hair.
The thing is I was actually happy with my wash and go hair today;
I'm not scheduled for retightening for another four weeks, what will they have to say by then!



What everyone failed to tell me, was that my eyebrows need threading!

7 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Well I'm sure your decision to SL was for yourself and not them. It's those kind of conversations
when you have to remind yourself of that. I happen to like my hair better when my roots are thick and
not scalpy looking. It's time to get your hair done again when you feel it's time and not anyone
else. Fam or no fam.

AFunkyKindaGlow said...

Me thinks your friends and family forget you have locs and not braids or twist.....
IMHO they look great!!

Anonymous said...

At least you know your hair is growing, so don`t worry about what people are saying. Just remember how much easier it is to wash, even though you still braiding and banding.

Aya said...

I'm not sure what the problem is. They look good to me, at least from the pictures. Hang tough and hold your head high.

Mel said...

Thanks guys, my paranoia was short lived! I probably like my hair the most at this stage - not too much scalp and not too much new growth.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

I think your locks are doing well. Rest assured. But, forgive my ignorance - what is threading?

CarmenNC said...

Yes, people do notice freshly done v/s weeks out hair. I've heard that too. "It's time to get them done again, isn't it?" "Some of them have unraveled." Mom did notice that they have gotten fuller. And Dad asked, "You can't comb them can you?" He used to always tell me and my sister to go comb our hair. I guess he has to figure out something new for me.