Tuesday 5 June 2007

Got to go logo


Of course I love the fact they have chosen to use pink as the main colour; it's the actual design that I find a little slapdash. To me, this says nothing about London and it's vibrancy, it's diversity or it's heritage. The uproar surrounding the unveiling of this £400,000 image is evident across the media. There is the petition to have it changed and the numbers signing it are increasing rapidly. No end of people are now out to prove that they can do a far better job than Wolff Olins. I think some of their efforts are very good and considering they have been done in next to no time and for free, they strike me as a worthy alternatives. Olympic Organising Committee Chairman Lord Coe has said that "It will be imperative that it is flexible. I think it is way beyond any simple logo". It will need to be, I think it is going to evolving sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign the petition to change the olympic logo

Unknown said...

Yeah, that design DOES look a bit random... like soemthing a kinder-gardener would so with heavy construction paper and safety scissors. lol!!