Tuesday 7 August 2007

Any idea what this is?











It was in my hair!!! I'd been outside and when I came back in I felt a slight itch, instinctively I put my hand to my head. I felt something move and pulled at it and sent it flying to the floor; I actually thought it was a wasp because I was sure I'd heard a buzz. I took this picture quickly so that I could compare it with insects in my gardening books. I surprised myself by releasing it humanely back into the garden and not clobbering it with the closest object; I think it was because my son suggested it may have laid eggs in my hair (kids, don't you just love them). I ran upstairs so fast to wash my hair; braiding and banding wasn't even an option! It actually felt great to be able to get to every part of my hair and scalp and my hair seems to have survived. But my curls are gone, so I still haven't managed to keep a Soft Spike set for more than a few days; I was really starting to enjoy the curls. It's probably best to keep it freestyle for a while, just in case I need to wash it in a hurry...

7 comments:

blackrussian said...

I just HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN!!!

I think your hair LOOKS SO GOOD since you cut the relaxer off. You look SO ADORABLE!!!

oohh! scary about the beetle!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I think I would've washed my hair in a hurry too! Your locks are looking lovely. Don't worry you will always have time to style your hair!

muslimahlocs said...

mel,
your hair looks so fabulous. that was very kind of you to let the bug live. i am not sure that i would have been so kind.

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin your locks!!!

A spider was in my hair once and I ran to wash my hair as soon as it was noticed....sigh.... My hair attracts so many things.....

Goodnapps said...

Well I'm glad you and your hair survived. Scary stuff.

Mel said...

Thanks for all of your compliments about my hair and your concern about my visitor!

According to my gardening book this was a Capsid which is described as a
"sap-sucking pest" which "inject poisons into the plants as they feed".
Apparently they "hide in weeds"!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, Those locks are adorable. We could pass for twins now because I am sporting that same style & lovin' it. My straight ends are gone also. Great Look on You!!!