Wednesday 8 August 2007

A little "light" reading for my trip

As you all know, I have been on holiday from work for nearly three weeks now. I have done my best to avoid doing anything work related and bar answering a few important e-mails, I've managed so far. But, I knew the time would come when I'd have to give in; I have a few plays and two new exam specifications to familiarise myself with. So, I'm thinking I will take some of them away with me. I know, I know, I shouldn't take work away with me, but my goodness the school holiday is nearly over! If I wait untl I get back I will only have two weeks left and will end up cramming; that would too stressful. While I'm away I don't plan to do much more than chill by the pool or at the beach; perfect reading time. I think I'll take the plays and leave the exam specs at home; save the deep stuff until I return relaxed and refreshed!

4 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

so how many weeks of holiday do you get? enjoy!

blackrussian said...

I was going to ask the same question. Do you work at a year-round school?

Mel said...

For the summer we get six weeks; in total we get thirteen weeks holiday.
I work at a secondary school, teaching students aged 11-18 - all year.

brunsli said...

Enjoy your holidays!

While holidays + work = not as much fun, it is better than no holidays at all. I often bring work with me, and 50% of the time I actually get to it.

We Americans are all jealous of your long European vacations. We get about 2 weeks.