Tuesday 30 October 2007

Generous benefits included

I was talking to a friend recently about job perks; as you know the biggest perk to my job is thirteen weeks a year in holiday. Apart from the fact that I also work in a good school with great students (oh yes, and I have a good pension) that is about it. Unless I moved to a job in private education, my benefits would pretty much remain the same, no matter which school I taught in. However, if I changed industry, I could benefit from a little of this. Am I thinking about changing career? No. Will I send my headteacher a copy of the article? We'll see!

5 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

i think that i would be too distracted to work. and after a while all of that chrome and glass might start to feel a bit antiseptic. i like your perks. and mine too.

Unknown said...

Yeah, the Formula One factory reminds me of scenes from AI or that movie with Jude Law when he wants to be an astronaut... It would be fun to work for Google, though!

Anonymous said...

I work in the central heating industry and I have worked for this company for over 20 years. I also have 13 weeks holiday and a generous pension. So for me the bad thing about this is that I can`t take time off just because I feel like it and that I have to pay more for holidays if I decide to go away. The best thing is that I get to spend 13 weeks with my school age daughters!

Anonymous said...

What's happened 2 you lately Mel?
You haven't been creating as many posts as usual...

Mel said...

Muslimah, I think you have great perks too!

Sunsail, I agree, Google looks like a lot of fun.

Kathryn, that is the downside to my holiday allowance; it costs a fortune to go on holiday.

Anonymous, that souns like a post title!