Saturday 3 November 2007

Chillaxing


My skin has really been playing up lately; in fact I have joked that I teach teenagers with better skin than myself. I have realised that over the past few weeks, I haven't been as vigilant with my water consumption or with my intake of fresh fruit and veg. I quickly began to remedy that side of things, but felt I needed something extra.
I purchased this charcoal face mask from Origins after it was recommended to me and couldn't wait to use it when it arrived. I thought I'd make a real treat of it; soft music, vanilla candle burning, 'do not disturb' sign on the door(ok, I didn't go that far, but you get the picture!). It takes about 10 minutes for the mask to set, but I'm sure I was there for a 'little' longer (according to my SO, I was very much asleep). I was really pleased with the results; my skin felt really soft and my pores open.
I have decided to make it a weekly treat; Mel's home spa!

10 comments:

brunsli said...

:) I love that mask - I feel like the tingles mean it's working.

If I come to England, I want to come to Mel's Home Spa.

Goodnapps said...

Wow - what a groovy idea. I'll have to borrow that one.

muslimahlocs said...

just looking at your pic made me feel more relaxed.

Aya said...

Now that's what I call relaxing. I will have to steal that scene from you and do myself the honors this eve.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.. How relaxing. Many people have told me that mask is amazing..

Something else to add to my Wish List..

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

You look so relaxed.

I'd love to try something like that. Must explore. I do a weekly honey mask facial. It's nice to pamper oneself, isn't it?

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

I know the feeling, last week end I had me a body scrub and a massage and did I feel wonderful. I have a facial once a month,u see when u get to my age u realize that taking care of yourself from early pays off.(oh I am stillwaters mum) I read your blog all the time.I also visit your neck of the woods sometimes(the uk)I have a few sibblings there.

still waters said...

well I love everything about this personnal spa even the do not disturb sign!!!!! this one I am gonna have a go at(:

one love still

Anonymous said...

Brunsli, hanks so much for the recommendation - it's great! When you come to England, you must visit Mel's spa!

Ladies, I really urge you to give this a try; very often we don't set aside any time for ourselves. What a differenc 10 minutes can make to a hectic lifestyle.


Ja Stu, thanks for dropping by! I think I'll have to try the full body treatment next time.
Are your family in London?

Still Waters, give it a go :-)

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

Hi Mel,
My father, sisters and brothers are in England,in London and Nottingham,when ever I visit I stay in Nottingham.I have no immediate plans to visit any time soon (too far man)but if and when I do I'll let yu know (smile)
Your hair is looking good.