Tuesday 12 February 2008

"Aah Miss, your hair looks sick"

I'd better start by explaining that sick means bad when bad means good.
To be honest I thought my student was taking the mickey out of me when she said this; after all I think my hair looks a mess at the moment. She told me that she liked the way my hair had a nice afro shape to it and I explained that said afro look was due to the fact that my roots need 'doing'. She finished by saying "come on Miss, your hair looks really nice, I like it more than I did before and I really liked it then". At this point I smiled and thanked her.
Who was I to argue, after all, I like it more now than I did before.
However there is no denying the fact that my hair needs to be done. I have no time at the moment to do it myself and can't seem to get an appointment with my hairdresser. With another show on at work in a few weeks, I can see it being Easter before I get my hair sorted!

15 comments:

june plum said...

Well miss, I like how your hair looks too and I so hear you on the time issue. You asked have I tried my own hair no but I am still thinking about it (:

one love still

Anonymous said...

I've always preferred new growth over freshly done and I think your hair looks sick!!!! Your locks have definitely come into their own!

Anonymous said...

If a pupil says that I would take it as a compliment! I`m torn between the afro under the locs look and being able to feel the parts. I does look good anyway.

Lakia said...

Glad to see you blogging. Your hair is so nice and full.

muslimahlocs said...

thanks for the uk referral. we have been in touch. your hair looks great.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your hair looks good to me!

Goodnapps said...

I love the fullness. Very pretty.
Good to see you blogging again.

Sogolocs said...

It is amazing how our hair is the same length. We were establish about the same time too. I will try and take pictures without my hair curled. I like your freestyle.

Aya said...

"Sick" is right!!!!

Maryee said...

Here in Texas, if your hair is nice, it's "Throwed". I'm retightening as we speak. Spring Break is here and I'm catching up! Take care Mel!

Kandgoods said...

It's coming along perfectly, suits you!

CarmenNC said...

Your locks look Sick, hot, lush, on fire, and beautiful.

KnottyAuthor said...

wow, it has really filled out! it's so thick and lusch

Unknown said...

Mel.... where aaaaaaare you???

Goodnapps said...

Hey Mel -

Just stopping by to say hello. I hope you're having a grand ole time in the new house.