Sunday 24 February 2008

Hot Tickets


Having been given twenty five free tickets for the production of Othello, starring Ewan McGregor, I was tempted to sell one or two when I heard how sought after they were. Of course, it was just a momentary thought and we all enjoyed the performance and the post show talk with Ewan (this bit particularly engaged the students and staff!). I was surprised to read this article as I felt that McGregor gave an energised and focused portrayal of Iago; on the whole I felt the production was well cast, particularly the leads. I am by no means a fan of Shakespearean plays (usually falling asleep), but I managed to last the distance of this show. I have seen some terrible shows in my time and have walked out of several; this one was by no means on a par with them.
IMHO, if you can get a ticket, it's worth a visit.

4 comments:

CarmenNC said...

OMG, I know I'm late, but you had OTHELLO tickets.

Jena Evans said...

OK... Hope you are well... Sending good thoughts your way!

Blessings~

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Meeeellllll. Where are yoooouuuuu?

Hope all is well. Miss you.

Mel said...

Yes Carmen! And it was fantastic; I thought Ewan did a great job as did Chiwetel Ejiofor in the role of Othello.

Jen - I'm great, thanks :-)

Aaah N'drea, I'm still here! Moving house is interfering with my blogging :-(