Wednesday 27 February 2008

On the move


After all of the house hunting, we finally decided on a house that suited us. Our offer was accepted and everything is in the hands of the solicitors. The house will need some work doing to it and we won't move in until June; but it has the potential to be a great family home. As excited as I am, I have been brought down to earth by the amount of work that we need to do before moving. This includes packing up all of our belongings and putting the bulk of them into storage; I guess the plus side to this is being able to throw away all of the stuff that we really don't need. I have to admit to being 'a bit of a hoarder' and I have no doubt that my family will be grateful for the clearout that this move will force me to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the most wonderful thing about moving, the ridding yourself of the unnecessary. My parents have been living in the same house for over 25 years and I can't even imagine moving them out of it....

Tawanna said...

Congrats on your new home! We are in the process of building a new one and I do dread the packing process and the selling of this one! Many blessings to you in your move!

Mel said...

MM, LOL at your parents and their 25 years of 'stuff'!

Thanks Tawanna! The idea of building a new home is both daunting and exciting. Good luck with everything; I look forward to reading about it on your blog.