Saturday 19 May 2007

Almost half a year!

I've reached the five month mark today and while I'm not going to post comparison pictures just yet, the change in my hair is definitely noticeable. I continuously find myself with my hands in my hair; if I'm not careful I'm going to wear these locks out!
Apart from my hair cutting nightmare, this month has been pretty stress free. I seem to have found a regime that suits me and my hair at it's current stage; I shampoo once a week and then put my hair into two french plaits while it dries. The waves I achieve with this last for up to a week; if I need to refresh the look I just plait again at night and take them out in the morning.

I'm looking forward to the coming months, particularly enjoying the summer and not having to worry about sweating out my hairstyle!

7 comments:

Jena Evans said...

Five months already... too cool!

be blessed~

Goodnapps said...

Oh I certainly hope you don't wear them out. I'm sure the coming months will continue to be more and more fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel
Your hair looks fab, are you planning to retigten yourself

Anonymous said...

I think I`ve just about got over always having my hands in my hair!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Congrats! Jus' wait, by de time yu blink, is soon a year :-) I can really see more of the "naturalness" of your locks.

muslimahlocs said...

go ahead. cut the perm. you will have more hair than you ever wanted sooner than you know it. your hair looks great.

Mel said...

Thank You Jen!

Goodnapps, I'm trying to stop, really I am...

Hi anonymous, thanks for stopping by and for your compliment. I do hope to maintain my own hair in the future; although I worry that I don't have the patience!

Kathryn - LOL! Are you saying that you have found a way to overcome this addiction?

Thank you N'drea; time really does fly when you are having fun!

Muslimahlocs, I think there will be scissors in my hair soon; I'm just not sure how much will be going. Thank you for your kind words :-)